If some people can’t do without a tattoo, others want to adopt a piercing. Several areas on the body are compatible whether it is the face or the navel, or even the intimate parts for the most daring. You will also have the mouth which will be the center of all the attentions and you must inquire about the Ashley piercing to be sure that it meets your expectations. It consists in piercing the lower lip for example.
A unique style with an Ashley piercing
If you don’t want to adopt a vertical labret piercing, you can opt for this one which is a bit more discreet. Of course, you’ll have to get in touch with a professional piercer, as he must respect all the sanitary standards in force. Don’t hesitate to look at customer reviews and don’t neglect the choice of your shop. Even if this profession does not necessarily require a diploma in France, unlike in other countries, find out more about these piercing experts.
Some people opt for the Ashley piercing because it is discreet, you just have a part of the jewel that is visible on the lip.
You can choose a small gray bead for example and it will be less imposing than the vertical labret piercing.
Of course, via a specialized store, you will quickly find jewelry adapted to this trend that could take off in France.
On the Internet, you will be able to find some photos which illustrate this piercing, you will be able to know then quickly if this concept is made for you. Don’t forget that some care will also be necessary to be sure that the area won’t get infected. The piercer will be able to sell you a particular cream.
A relatively painful piercing for some people
Generally, the hesitations are articulated around the pain and it is also the case for the tattoos: see the minimalist tattoo. Since you have to pierce the mouth, there is a good chance that the feeling will be unpleasant. You tend not to like it when your lip dries and bleeds because of chapping. The pain you feel will be much greater with the Ashley piercing.
As far as healing is concerned, it will be complete after four weeks if you carry out all the care recommended by the professional to perfection. In some cases, it is necessary to wait six weeks since it is a problematic area because of the bacteria in the mouth. If you wish to adopt a different look, opt for this rather discreet model.
Piercing ashley: Here are some follow-up tips
Keep a toothbrush handy for regular use. With any piercing that has an exit hole inside the mouth, oral hygiene is a necessity. Since the Ashley piercing appears on the lips, you must be careful with the front and back of your piercing when eating. It’s a good idea to carry a toothbrush and toothpaste so you can quickly clean your mouth between meals, even when you’re on the go, to avoid infection.
- Do not play with the jewelry. Because of its location in the middle of your lip, this tip will be incredibly difficult to follow, especially if you’re the type to bite your lip out of nervous habit. However, playing with your jewelry before the piercing has healed could lead to complications like hypertrophic scarring or stretched puncture holes.
- Be careful with jewelry that is too tight. Squeezed jewelry is a risk with all piercings, but since the Ashley piercing tends to swell more than others, you’ll need to watch it closely. If you think your jewelry is too tight, talk to your jeweler immediately, who will decide if you need a larger piece.
- Protect your teeth. Biting into a new piece of jewelry is a problem, but you should also keep an eye out for any damage to your teeth from the back of your jewelry rubbing against your teeth when you talk or chew. Once you can switch to a smaller nail, there will be less wear against the teeth, but some contact is likely. Throughout the life of your piercing, you should watch for enamel wear, chipping or receding gum lines.
- No lipstick. One of the most appealing aspects of this piercing is that it creates an incredible look when you pair the right jewelry with bold lip tones. However, you should wait until your piercing is completely healed before introducing foreign substances, such as lipstick, into the pierced area. Keep in mind that the inside of a piercing takes longer to heal than the outside, so it’s always a good idea to consult with your piercer before taking out lip colors.
- Be careful what you eat. In the first few days after your piercing, it is advisable to stick to soft foods to get used to your new jewelry. This will reduce the risk of accidentally biting the new jewelry. Throughout the healing process, you should avoid acidic or spicy foods. In addition to being incredibly painful for the piercing, they will irritate the delicate healing skin, which could result in scarring or bumps.
- Do not use mouthwash with alcohol. Just like spicy or acidic foods, it will be painful and irritate the piercing. Instead, use a non-alcoholic mouthwash or rinse your mouth with a saline solution.