Table of contents
How to Layer Necklaces for Your Big Day
Your wedding day should be one of the most special days of your life and you will want to look and feel your best! One of the unique trends that has become popular with today’s modern brides is layered necklaces. If you are unsure of how to go about layering necklaces for your wedding, you are in the right place. We are going to look at how to layer necklaces for your special day and make sure you stand out from the crowd.
Choose Your Necklaces
When it comes to selecting necklaces for your wedding day, there are a few key points to consider.
- Length: It is important that the necklaces you choose to layer complement each other in length. You don’t want one necklace to hang too high or too low on the others.
- Style: Choose necklaces that don’t clash in style – try to avoid having one modern necklace paired with a vintage piece.
- Color: Choose necklaces that complement each other in color and match your dress. A subtle color palette of rose golds, silvers, and pearls look stunning when paired together.
Layer Your Necklaces
Now that you have chosen the necklaces that you like, it’s time to decide on how to layer them. When it comes to layering necklaces, there are a few different ways that you can do it.
- V-style: The V-style is the most popular technique for layering necklaces. Start with the longest necklace and layer it just above your collar bone. Layer on your second longest necklace, adjusting it so it sits a few centimetres lower than the one beneath it. Lastly, layer on the shortest necklace and adjust it so it sits slightly lower than the other two necklaces.
- Vertical: With the vertical layering technique it is more about the length of the necklace. Start by selecting a statement piece and ensure that it is layered in the middle of your chest area. On either side of your statement necklace, layer two further necklaces of different lengths.
- Mix and Match: Mix and match is perfect if you have several different necklaces that you would like to layer together. When layering you can choose two styles of necklaces, or one short and one long, and layer them at different heights. The key to getting this style right is ensuring the necklaces you choose stick to the same color scheme.
When it comes to layering necklaces for your big day, the only thing that is important is to have fun with it and express yourself. You will have plenty of time to practice and find the best style that fits you on your special day.
Tips for Layering Necklaces like a Pro
Now that we have looked at how to layer necklaces for your wedding day, here are a few more tips that will help you to look like a total pro.
- Pair with a Veil: If you are wearing a veil on your wedding day, teaming your layered necklaces with this can look amazing. For a more classic look opt for subtle statement pieces, or if you want to stand out from the crowd pick more bold pieces.
- Choose Your Neckline: Before you decide on what length necklaces to wear, it is important to think about your neckline style. If you have a high neckline pick longer necklaces, or if you have a low cut neckline you can get away with medium and short length necklaces.
- Accessorize: During your big day you will be wearing other pieces of jewelry, such as earrings and a tiara. It is important to ensure that all of these items match your layered necklaces and complete the look.
When it comes to your wedding day, the last thing you want to worry about is accessorizing. With the tips and tricks in this article, you can layer necklaces like a pro and ensure you look stunning on your wedding day!